- Perl.com (http://www.perl.com/) is the official site for Perl on the web.
- The CGI Resource Index (http://www.cgi-resources.com/) includes links to hundreds of CGI-related sites, including links to programs and scripts, documentation, books, magazine articles, and job listings.
- The WWW Security FAQ (http://www.w3.org/Security/Faq/www-security-faq.html) contains more generalized information about security of information on the Web. It has a section on CGI, as well as info on running a secure server, protecting confidential data, safe scripting in Perl, and more.
- CGI/Perl Taint Mode FAQ (http://gunther.web66.com/FAQS/taintmode.html) - information about taintperl and secure scripting.
- Randal Schwartz has written Perl programming columns for several magazines. The articles are archived on his website at
- Stack Overflow is a good place to search for answers to Perl questions.
- PerlMonks (http://www.perlmonks.org/) is a discussion forum for Perl programmers.
- The MySQL Website (http://www.mysql.com) has downloadable software, searchable online documentation, and links to third-party applications.
All text and scripts are excerpted from CGI Programming 201, and are copyright © 2002 by Jacqueline D. Hamilton. Unauthorized reproduction of this material is prohibited.
Table of Contents |
Order the Book |