CGI Programming 201
The first sequel to CGI Programming 101 covered
how to write advanced multi-script CGI projects by creating a web
message board. The book covered:
- Site Design: Who is your site for? What tasks will visitors perform?
- MySQL Database Design
- Developing a central module for your project
- How to choose, download and install Perl modules from CPAN
- How to filter out HTML tags from messages
- How to limit the number of messages displayed per page
- How to create a password-protected administration area for your
message board, with scripts to let you manage the board
- How to expire old messages automatically
- How to convert your message board scripts into a Web Log ("blog") for
online journals or news stories
CGI Programming 201 is out of print.
If you'd be interested in buying a digital e-book of CGI Programming 201, please add your name here. If I get enough interest, I'll create a digital version.